Professional Staging and Deployment: Today's Best (and Worst) Practices
About this session
The development of large Drupal websites can pose several unique challenges when changes need to be deployed across different servers. There are as many issues to solve as there are approaches to solving them (e.g. Deployment, Features, Package Builder, Externodes, and so on) and this session will include a demonstration and discussion of the deployment tools and methodology used by Drupal service firms today.
- Defining the problem
- Brief overview of existing solutions
- Horror stories and mistakes to avoid
- Demonstration of selected tools and practices
- Questions and answers
Would you like to co-present?
This is a good session topic to have as a panel discussion. If you'd like to co-present this session, please leave a comment below.
About the presenters
- Adam Ross, aka Grayside, knows Features, StrongArm and exportables in and out and is someone you'll enjoy losing Scrabble to.
- Christefano has been architecting and implementing Drupal staging and deployment procedures for clients since 2006 and co-founded Exaltation of Larks in 2008.
- Josh Brauer is a Drupalist and a technical lead at Acquia. He also teaches some of Acquia's Jumpstart classes and does as much community work as he can fit in.