Improving your Drupal Development Workflow with tools at Webenabled.com
My productivity and ability to collaborate with teams has been greatly increased since I started using Webenbaled.com to start all of my new projects. I have shared pieces of this session in Colorado and Wisconsin and the feedback has been awesome. Finally, we can use the tools that only come from complicated infrastructured but let someone else manage the systems for us!
There are a variety of ways that top Drupal shops begin a new project. I will show you how you can use http://webenabled.com to INSTANTLY set up a dev environment with the following geeky benefits:
- Choose your No-Cost DRUPAL starting point: [D5, D6, D7-Alpha, Acquia-Drupal, PressFlow, CiviCRM, Drupal-Fusion Magazeen, Drupal Conference Organizing distro, Open Atrium, Open Publish, Mercury, Tattler]
- SVN preconfigured
- Drush [including a GUI for drush which among other things allows you to d/l and enable Drupal6 modules from the GUI instead of FTP!]
- CCK+Views. and many of the contrib modules you’ll need
- Team collaboration tools
- Database mangement tools
- Site backup, cloning, and deployment tools
- ONE-CLICK Module and Core updates from the GUI!
- Easily Deploy your project to a variety of webhosts [1&1, Sllicehost, Ec2, Godaddy, Acquia, etc] once you’re done developing. [Including migrating the site to a VPS of Pantheon Mercury with PressFlow, Varnish, and MemCached]
Seriously…. If you want the big guns that many top Drupal shops use in their development cycle then WebEnabled is the place to get it. The entire interface is written in Drupal AND since some one else is maintaining it, you can deal with your project and getting it developed while they make sure the tools always work.
Oh yah… They keep adding value to the process by adding more and more tools as time goes on!
Questions about this session? http://dougvann.com/contact-doug-vann